Maryam Shetty released a statement on withdrawal of ministerial nomination, says she’s still keen to serve.



On Friday, Tinubu withdrew the nomination of Shetty and replaced her with Mariya Mahmoud who is also from Kano state.

The president communicated his decision to the senate just before the screening of ministerial nominees resumed.

Shetty learned of the development when she arrived at the national assembly complex for the

screening.

In a statement on Saturday, Shetty said the nomination brought her “immense honour”.

Shetty said despite the reversal, her “best is yet to come”, adding that she remains ready to serve the country in any capacity.

“The sheer joy and pride I felt at my nomination were beyond words. It was a validation of my capabilities, a nod to my vision, and a sign that our great nation was ready to embrace a future where young women like me, even from the most traditional parts of Nigeria, can hold positions of influence and power,” she said.

Comments