Iran’s deputy health minister tests positive to coronavirus


Iraj Harirchi, Iran’s deputy health minister, has placed himself in isolation after testing positive to coronavirus.

The country’s ministry of health announced that Harirchi had contracted the disease on Tuesday.

Harirchi, who has spearheaded Iran’s efforts to contain the virus, also confirmed that he had the disease.

In a video he aired from his house, the minister said he would begin treatment immediately.

“I wanted to tell you that I got corona. I had a fever yesterday. The tests came back positive last night. I isolated myself. Just a few moments ago, I was told that the final test came,” Harirchi said in a video he posted on social media.

“I’ll start taking medicine. Generally, I feel fine. I just felt a bit tired, I had a fever, and it will drop.”

Comments