Skip to main content

Kris Jenner: I Can't "Control" Kanye West, but I Can "Be Supportive"


Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.

Once again, Kanye West's family is being asked to answer for his actions.

In Friday's episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the rapper's mother-in-law, Kris Jenner, is asked to share her thoughts on West's recent White House meeting with President Donald Trump, as well as his head-scratching tirades on social media and TMZ Live. "Kanye is an amazing son-in-law," Jenner says. "He's an amazing dad, husband, friend and brother-in-law."
But even Jenner knows his polarizing views may be doing more harm than good in the long run. "My job as a mom is just to be there for my kids and be supportive and love them. You can't control what somebody else is doing. I can't always control what any of them do at any time. But I think what I really want to do is be there to help him be the best version of himself that he can be. He knows that we're there if he needs us. You're always concerned when there's controversy and drama and things are going on, and it's sometimes worrisome. When you have six kids and extended family and nine grandchildren, there's a lot going on," she says. "I just want to be there, be supportive and be there if he needs me. That's really where my heart is."

Comments