Tiffany Haddish Resurrected That Alexander McQueen Dress for the Oscars

© Provided by The Hollywood Reporter

Courtesy of NBC

Look familiar?

The white dress that Tiffany Haddish wore on stage while presenting the Oscar for best documentary short and best live action short alongside Maya Rudolph was the same white Alexander McQueen halter dress that the Girls Trip breakout star wore while hosting SNL back in November. (This time, however, she styled the look with Uggs slippers.)"I feel like i should be able to wear what I want, when I want as many times as I want as long as I Frebrezed it," said Haddish in her SNL monologue.

"Like this dress, I wore it on the red carpet for Girls Trip, and my whole team, they told me, 'Tiffany, you cannot wear that dress on SNL, you already wore it. It's taboo to wear it twice.' And I said, 'I don't give a dang about no taboo, I spent a lot of money on this dress. This dress cost way more than my mortgage. This a Alexander McQueen, okay? This a $4,000 dress. Imma wear this dress multiple times.'"

She continued, "If someone invites me to a bar or bat mitzvah, guess what I'm wearing to it? This Alexander McQueen." It seems only fitting, then, that she resurrect the gown for her first-ever Oscars.

The McQueen dress was actually Haddish's second ensemble of the evening. She hit the red carpet in a voluminous white gown by an Eritrean designer as an homage to her Eritrean heritage. She told Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet, "My father passed away last year and he’s from Eritrea. He told me, 'One day you're going to end up at the Oscars and when you go, you have to honor your people.' So I'm wearing an Eritrean, authentic princess dress. And I'm proud of it."

Watch Haddish's SNL monologue below.
© Provided by The Hollywood Reporter© Provided by The Hollywood Reporter

Comments