Heartbroken daughter, 21, tells how mum was 'murdered in front of my eyes' and died in her arms


Charlotte Reat, 21, said she cradled her mother Jayne Toal Reat after she was attacked in her home in Lisburn, Co Antrim during the early hours Christmas morning. The Police Service of Northern Ireland have arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of murder. Ms Reat, who revealed she had also been stabbed during the attack. Writing on Facebook, she said: ' 'Today will be a day I will never forget as my mum was murdered in front of my eyes and then later died in my arms. I can still feel her in my arms and hear her screams of pain and see the panic on her face. My mum died saving me, I was stabbed twice in the head once in my face and once to the back of my neck. I am with family and have to identify my beautiful mother's body tomorrow which is not something I ever expected to be doing.'

Comments