Student is duped by 'UK's cheekiest thief' who claimed to have found her iPhone before asking for passwords so she could BORROW it because her own was broken'

Psychology student Beth Freestone, from Grantham in Lincolnshire, was left devastated when her iPhone (right) was stolen on a night out in Manchester. Months later the 18-year-old (left) was stunned to receive a message on Facebook from a woman claiming to have found the phone and demanding Beth's iCloud passwords so she could use it herself. The unashamed message (inset) read: 'Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but I was given this phone that I believe you lost and I'm just using it for 2 weeks whilst mine is repaired but I am unable to use it without the password for iCloud is it possible to get it so I can sign out and into my own account.' In a further insult, when Beth sent the woman £5 after she agreed to send the phone back, she kept the cash then blocked Beth so she could no longer contact her.

Comments