Amazing what you can see on Google Street View these days. Thief caught on camera as she flees a store with her haul


A shoplifter was caught and then prosecuted for stealing £60 of washing-up goods after she was photographed fleeing a store on Google Street View.
Tammy McIvor, from Middlesbrough, can be seen running from discount store Savers in the town with a member of staff chasing her.

Images of the robbery were stumbled across by an IT worker who saw McIvor sprinting out of the North Yorkshire shop while looking through the town online on the app.

She was pictured by the camera which had been taking shots in the street, exiting from the store with her stolen goods in a Sports Direct carrier bag.

Store bosses were able to identify the 30-year-old from the Google Street View stills.

Although, as per Google policy, her face was blurred they were able to identify her from her distinctive white top she was wearing.

She wore the same outfit when she was arrested.

'I'm an ex-Teesside University student so I thought I would see my old stomping ground, and as soon as I spotted it I thought 'that seemed a bit strange,' said Peter Darby, an IT worker who came across the images.





'I moved further down the street and you could see a bloke pursuing her. By the end she was going full speed.

Comments