Tycoon Richard Branson reveals how he cheated death in high-speed bike crash when he smashed head first onto the road on the British Virgin Islands

Virgin Tycoon Sir Richard Branson has revealed how he feared he would die after crashing head first onto a road during a high-speed bike crash in the British Virgin Islands. The 66-year-old businessman was on a training cycle run for his latest adventure Virgin Strive Challenge, with his two children when the incident happened. He said: 'I was heading down a hill towards Leverick Bay when it suddenly got really dark and I managed to hit a 'sleeping policeman' hump in the road head on. The next thing I knew, I was being hurled over the handlebars and my life was literally flashing before my eyes. I really thought I was going to die.' The daredevil billionaire has a history of accidents and was attacked by a stingray in February.

Comments