I was abused when I was 14, says Rita Ora: X Factor judge reveals she was groomed by 26-year-old man… but insists she is not a victim of child abuse


Rita Ora has revealed she was groomed by a 26-year-old man when she was 14, but claimed it was a boost to her confidence, it has been reported. 
The X Factor judge said the sexual abuse took place when she was a drama student at London's Sylvia Young Theatre School.

But, astonishingly, the singer has insisted that she was not a victim of child sex abuse.
Talking for the first time about what happened, the 24-year-old said: 'I was 14 when I had my first relationship with a guy. I would say he was about 26.
'It is child abuse really, isn't it?'
But she added: 'I don't want to say that I suffered it, because I wanted it. I don't want to say that I was forced to do it. 
'I don't want people to think I was abused as a kid.' 
The revelations were made in Ora's new biography Hot Right Now, extracts from which have been published by The Sun of Sunday today.  
The four-time chart topper told how she was 14 when she first met the man and was 'very new' to the world of relationships.
But she apparently claimed that the attention made her feel as though she could 'take over the world'. 
Ora's controversial comments were originally made to Lifetime TV in an interview on women's issues which was filmed in 2013.
They have now been dug up by authors Douglas Wight and Jenn Wiley, who wrote the biography.
It comes after singer Chrissie Hynde sparked outrage by saying she took full responsibility for a sexual assault that occurred when she was 21.

Comments